Monday, June 17, 2013

Etched Rose Plate

This week the Stampendous DT is using Stampendous Stamps along with Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream to create some incredible home decor items! We know you’re going to just love them and want to try this fun media for yourself.

I have a pretty Etched plate to share with you today.
I made this plate using the Jumbo Cottage Rose and Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.

It's hard to get a good picture on glass but hopefully you can see the etched rose on there.
 

I got this plate at the 99 cent store.

To etch the plate I started by cutting a circle out of a panel of contact paper.


I stuck the contact paper on the bottom of the plate to mask off a circle.
I did the etching on the bottom side of the plate so that there would be no harm in eating off of it.

I stamped the Jumbo Cottage Rose on the bottom of the plate inside the cut out circle with VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed it with Detail Gold embossing powder

Be sure you heat carefully, some thin things like glasses and christmas ornaments can break if heated too much.


Then I applied the Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. with a slightly dampened sponge brush. I covered the entire circle.


This is how it looked from the top side.
After one minute I rinsed the Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream away and scraped off the embossed rose and removed the contact paper.


I put some red paper behind the plate for this picture so you could see the etched rose a little better. 


Glass etching is a terrific way to make personalized gifts.  Stampendous Jumbo Cling Stamps are awesome for plates like this.  You could make a whole  set with flowers, butterflies, or snowflakes.

Somebody else on the team will have a project tomorrow and we will end the week with the whole team hopping!

Stop by the Stampendous Blog to learn more!

Kristine

15 comments:

Stampendous said...

This came out so beautifully, Kristine! By the way, once you've washed off the etching cream, it's perfectly safe to eat off the plates. You can put them in the dishwasher, too. The etching will last as long as the plate does! Great job, Kristine!!

barbara macaskill said...

Yabba-dabba-doo! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this plate! Never thought to use colored embossing powder to make it easier to "find" my etching area! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this great tip!

Rhea Weigand said...

Show off :) You are so good at this!!

Unknown said...

this is soooo pretty..
have a question, when you say to scrap off the excess cream, what did you use to scrap it out?
will the cream have dried out or will be creamy?

Kailash said...

Wow absolutely beautiful, love the gold embossing. The creativity is endless with these products. Thanks for sharing!!

Jamie Martin said...

Kristine, this plate is beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

This is sooooo gorgeous! What a beautifully etched plate Kristine, I Love t!

jengd said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you used the ep on this!

Jean Bullock said...

How exciting! Cool that you can use the stamps. Great tutorial by the way.

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous!

Loly Borda said...

Wow! I'd love to try this! I love the image you used. TFS
Loly from Alabama.

Unknown said...

Angel from Arkansas:
Oh wow! This is impressive! So easy yet makes such a statement... Had no idea you could emboss then scrape it off and have that outline left behind! New ideas pooping into my head. And I just read that you can eat on these plates!!! Yay!

Sue D said...

Very pretty!
Sue from Ohio

Jean Bullock said...

I forgot to say where I was from. California.

Janis said...

Amazing effects on inexpensive pieces!! Lovely project.

Janis from Idaho in the USA